Your home window parts are not usually so different from most other window components. However, they are usually all going to be made from either plastic, vinyl, metal or just aluminum in comparison to many of the other window parts and a aluminum latch and pull is literally going to be made from aluminum. An aluminum head is made from aluminum. There are aluminum opening handles and aluminum handle sets and sash locks.
Aluminum Window Parts
Aluminum windows typically have fully aluminum parts. Some people will do this for aesthetic reasons. Other people will do this for structural reasons. Aluminum windows can potentially last longer than some of the other windows that people will see on the market today, being less prone to rotting than wooden windows and many of the other windows available today. Aluminum windows can also potentially increase the value of a given property, partly because people understand the value of these sorts of windows and the fact that aluminum windows look so good to begin with on the inside and outside of a property. Fortunately, there are lots of aluminum window parts.
- Head: The upper frame portion of an aluminum window is often going to be referred to as the head.
- Mullion: The window, the screen, and possibly the door if applicable are divided using the mullion.
- Jamb: The lining of the area connecting the window with the rest of the house or the wall.
- Hinge: This part of the window partly enables the opening and the closing of the window by holding it in place as it opens and closes within its current general setup.
- Opening handle: This part allows people to open and close the window and is the part that people will grab in order to open and close it.
- Sash lock: The mechanistic lock that manages to hold the window closed is the sash lock.